The one thing I really like about lead hair stylist and owner of SalonCapri Nicholas Penna Jr. is that he always shows his clients and fans how to wear the bests of celelbity hair styles from the red carpet, and this time its from the Golden Globes and this year its Old Hollywood Glam, as seen on Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum at the Golden Globes. Now SalonCapri announces the addition of a third salon location on Newbury Street, joining existing locations in the Boston suburbs of Newton Highlands and Dedham at Legacy Place. The Penna family opened their first salon in 1967 and, over the last four decades, they have established the SalonCapri team of stylists and colorists as well-respected members of the beauty industry on a local and national level. Here are Nicks expert tips on how to get this Old Hollywood Glam look
|Heidi Klum Golden Globes -Just Jared|
Nick recommends starting with clean and dry hair
- Gently comb through hair
- Set part to the desired side
- Use (at least) a 1 ½ inch curling iron and wrap hair around the barrel
- Curl hair away from the face and as you unravel, twist the iron for the fullest effect
- When curling is complete, re-direct the hair to the side of your choice and apply product for a light hold
- To finalize, use a light bristle brush for a smooth and shiny effect
- Gently rake through the curls with fingers for volume and finish with your favorite holding product. Nick recommends L’Oreal Professionnel’s Infinium 2 Strong Hold Working Spray for a long-lasting effect
|Jessica Alba Golden Globes – Just Jared|
The 2,200 square-foot Newbury Street interior space was completely renovated and custom-designed by architecture firm, studio 3.0, in order to provide a sophisticated, yet tranquil, salon environment for city residents and tourists looking for the highest-quality styling and color treatments. Highlights of the new space include a spacious reception area with large, sun-lit glass windows, and sleek black chairs and white mirrors at each stylist station, which stand out nicely against barn wood wall accents and a warm brown wooden floor.
The salon offers SalonCapri’s signature L’Oréal Professionnel Haircolor Center – an open, centralized environment for color consultation and mixing that enables the hair colorist to actively involve clients in the hair color process from start to finish. There are less than a dozen salons in the country to offer the L’Oréal Professionnel Haircolor Center, which includes SalonCapri’s Newton Highlands location.
*Photos from JustJared